Would you like to be healthier, happier, and even smarter? All you have to do is add plants!
With Americans spending a whopping 90-percent of their time indoors, it is more important than ever that indoor air is kept fresh and purified. The amazing building construction methods of today have actually drastically dropped the average air exchange rate as well, making this indoor time potentially harmful. The decrease in ventilation and brew of toxic air contaminants is not a good mix, but indoor plants are a great remedy to this air quality issue.
Having indoor plants in your home and office has been proven to have many benefits, including making you a happier and healthier person. A study published in 2015 by the Environmental Health Perspectives also claims that cognitive function scores are dramatically improved in buildings with below-average air pollution. Plants are able to clean the air by taking in dangerous airborne toxins and chemicals and producing oxygen. Indoor plants have also been proven to:
- Boost employee productivity
- Reduce stress
- Lower blood pressure
- Reduce sick time by removing airborne bacteria
- Increasing oxygen levels
Here are the top three indoor plants to purchase if you would like to improve your indoor air quality:
- Areca Palm – The areca palm, also known as Chrysalidocarpus (Dypsis) lutescnes, thrives in interior environments with direct light. Its ability to remove airborne toxins by transpiring at a high rate makes it a favorite indoor plant.
- Mother-In-Law’s Tongue – The Sansevieria trifasciata is a hugely popular indoor plant and is commonly found in interior plantscapes. They are able to retain their colorful variegation in low-light and are considered nearly indestructible. Mother-In-Law’s tongue removes Formaldehyde, Toluene, and Xylene from air.
- ZZ Plant – The Zamioculcas zamiifolia is one of the toughest indoor plants out there. They are able to thrive in areas with both low and high amounts of light. The ZZ plant removes Toluene and Xylene from indoor air.
So, what are you waiting for? Contact the PLANTZ team today to learn more about indoor plants! If you would like to have our beautiful plants shipped directly to your doorstep, be sure to visit PLANTZ.com to place your order today!
5 Reasons Why You Should Have Office Plants
Do you have office plants? If not, you should. Plants serve more of a purpose and benefit than just decoration. Here are five of the many reasons you should consider having green office plants. Office plants improve the aesthetic of your office. In return, this can help retain employees and customers. They lower your stress […]
How You Can Use Event Plants at Your Next Event
Are you looking to liven up the décor at your next event? Consider using event plants to make your event green and transform your entire venue space. Event plants can be used to transform events such as: Weddings Corporate events Trade shows Parties Production Sets Meetings and Conventions Grand Openings Galas There are many types of event […]