What’s Trending in 2016? Indoor Plants!
No office or living space is truly complete without a pop of color in the form of a healthy and happiness-inducing indoor plant!
Although some of the most talked about plants so far this year are succulents and smaller plants, we think that there are many other awesome indoor plants available that offer a bit of a twist on your typical houseplant. Get ready to spruce up (no pun intended) your indoor spaces and prepare for spring with these popular and trendy indoor plants!
- Big Ole’ Leafy Plants – Forget about your boring, standard officeplants, 2016 is all about big statement plants with large leaves. Bring the outside indoors with beautiful plants like the White Bird of Paradise and the Fiddle Leaf Fig. These plants are a wonderful choice for giving your living space a lush feel.
- Cacti of All Sizes – A tall standard cactus makes a timeless and chic statement to any room, but can be a bit overwhelming
for smaller spaces. If you are looking for a tinier version of these spiky plants, try adding and assortment of colorful little cacti, such as the Ruby Ball Cactus. A container full of cacti makes for a fun and unique look, especially when there is an assortment of them placed in an oversized planter.
- Slithery Snake Plant – The Snake Plant, also known as the Sansevieria trifasciata or “Mother-In-Law’s Tongue,” has seen a rise in popularity in the last few years, and is continuing to grow. It makes for a wonderful plant for small spaces, as the leaves grow vertically and do not take up too much space.
- Tropical Palm Leaf Plants – Tiki and island-inspired items are certainly on-trend for 2016. Palms such as the Bamboo Palm, Areca Palm, and Kentia Palm make for perfect plants to bring the chilled, breezy feeling of a tropical island into your home.
- Small Pops of Color – If you are looking for a way to add a small accent of color to your home or office, plants such as the Anthurium and Croton are wonderful choices. These wonderful additions not only add rich green tones, but also feature a bit of other colors in varying yellow leaves or small red blooms!
If you are looking for a way to feature the hottest plants of the moment to your indoor space, contact the plant experts at PLANTZ to add a little green to your scene!